I already wrote about the SCUtils APC PDU Management Pack for SCOM 2012 in this post. That was about the version 1.0 which had problems with monitoring the PDUs from a Gateway Server.
SCUtils has now released the new Version 1.1, which enables the monitoring from Gateway Servers. I have tested it and it works. So download the latest version and implement it.
Here is what you need to do to get this working (directly taken out of the SCUtils APC PDU MP documentation):
1. Install the Operations Manager console on each gateway server that is a member of a resource pool for monitoring APC PDUs.
2. If the gateway server and management server are separated by a firewall, you have to adjust the firewall to open the following ports in both directions between the gateway server and its management server:
1. TCP 5723
2. TCP 5724
3. Prepare an account that is a member of Operations Manager Read-Only Operators group.
4. Copy SetAccountToRegistry.exe from the installation folder (the default path is ‘C:\Program Files\SCUtils\ SCUtils Management Pack for APC PDU’) to each gateway server that is a member of a resource pool for monitoring APC PDUs.
5. Run SetAccountToRegistry.exe using a local administrator account. Fill in all the required fields. And click on Test button.
6. If the connectivity test has succeeded, click on Save button (the password will be encrypted before saving). Otherwise, reenter the information and try to test again.
7. Repeat the procedure on each gateway server that is a member of a resource pool for monitoring APC PDUs.